That’s who we really want to do business with

...Vorschläge und Hilfe zum Forum

That’s who we really want to do business with

Beitragvon Ansarulit11 » 09.11.2022, 11:42

That’s what fitting in means. Fitting in means “stop doing those things that make you kind of a weirdo.” Belonging is when you find the weirdoes who totally get what you’re into. If I head out to a group of people and I say something about Burpees: “Everyone loves them!” … Cross-fitters and Spartan race people all totally get that joke, because Burpees are evil. And if I make a joke about “roll your wendy-20 save against stupidity,” the Dungeons and Dragons kids know what I’m talking about. And we love that moment. We love that moment when we’re kind of amongst people who know what we’re doing.

Somebody recently was having trouble with their philippines photo editor iPhone, and they just pulled the iPhone out of their pocket, turned it to one edge, and blew on it like they were trying to blow the dust out of the video game cartridge from the old 1980s video games, and I was like, “Wow.” He was like, “My people here.” And so it’s in those moments when we find people that we belong. So what I really have deeply in my heart is that there’s just a whole other way to look at everything that we’re not doing right now, which is very much that we’re worrying too much about fitting in, and we’re not worrying enough about belonging with the people we want.

Bild
Why do so many of us not do the things we already know we should be doing? Jerod: Another great quote of yours that I like because I think it’s so practical is, “You’ll find that a lot of what I preach comes off as common sense, yet what’s most magical about it is that so few people practice these skills.” Which really echoes some advice that Darren Rowse gave at Authority Intensive recently, when he essentially said that he doesn’t have any secrets to share, but it’s that success was more about doing the things we already knew we should be doing. Which sounds so simple, but why do so many folks seem to struggle with that? Chris: First off, we’re addicted to distraction.
Ansarulit11
Einsteiger
Einsteiger

Zurück zu Neuigkeiten, Regeln, Fragen,...